Riverside Farm Duck Pasta
- 500g tagliatelle (fresh will give better results)
- 1-2 Riverside Farm Duck Legs, or 2 Riverside Farm Duck Breasts or 1 Riverside Farm Half Duck
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-2 tablespoons Riverside Farm duck fat (you can substitute butter for the duck fat)
- 2 large flat brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pick all the meat off the duck legs and reserve the skin. Tear the meat and skin into smallish pieces.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the butter and duck fat and the mushrooms, duck meat and skin. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Put the pasta in the boiling water. Stir it from time to time.
- Add the garlic to the sauté pan and mix well. Watch the garlic: The moment it begins to brown turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta when it is al dente, or use tongs to take it from the boiling water right into the sauté pan. Turn the heat back on to medium. Toss the pasta in the sauté pan, making sure it is all coated well. Add more duck fat if needed. Add some black pepper.
- Shave parmesan cheese on dish (optional).