Riverside Farm Roast Potatoes
- 1kg Roasting Potatoes
- 100g Riverside Farm Rendered Duck Fat
- 1-2 Riverside Farm Duck Legs, or 2 Riverside Farm Duck Breasts or 1 Riverside Farm Half Duck
- 2 tsp flour
- Rock salt to serve
- Put a roasting tray in the oven and hear the oven to 200C°fan or 180C/gas.
- Peel your potatoes and then cut to the size you want. Place the potatoes into a large pan and pour in just enough water to cover them. Add salt, bring the water to boil and then simmer uncovered for around two minutes.
- While your potatoes are simmering, add your Riverside Farm Rendered Duck Fat to the hot roasting tray and heat in the oven for five minutes or so, so it’s really hot.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and shake the colander around to fluff up the outsides. Sprinkle with the flour and shake so that the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place the potatoes into the hot rendered duck fat in the roasting tray – be careful, as the fat will be hot and the potatoes will sizzle. Roll the potatoes around so they are coated all over. Spread them out into one layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes then turn the potatoes over, roast for another 15 minutes and turn them over again. Put them back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy and golden.
- Season with salt and serve while the roast potatoes are all piping hot.